[opencms-dev] Problems with starting up the product

Claus Priisholm cpr at codedroids.com
Tue Nov 4 10:59:01 CET 2003

You need to set the encoding for Tomcat so it matches OpenCms'
expectations (ISO-8859-1 as default) - I usually hack the
$CATALINA_HOME/bin/startup.sh script to set it (by adding this line
just before the script executes the command):

CATALINA_OPTS="$CATALINA_OPTS" -Dfile.encoding=ISO-8859-1"

There are other, less intrusive ways to achieve the same, see the
documentation (installation) or search the mail-archives for
alternatives.