[opencms-dev] Problems with starting up the product

Alex Bunardzic alexmyrmex at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 4 18:59:02 CET 2003

Hi Claus,

Thank you very much for your help. I did exactly as
you told me. I added CATALINA_OPTS="$CATALINA_OPTS
-Dfile.encoding=ISO-8859-1" line to the
\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.18\bin\startup.bat file, to no
avail. I still get the error:

System file.encoding 'Cp1252' not equal to OpenCms
encoding 'ISO-8859-1'

At this point, I'm totally lost. I don't know how to
convince the stupid machine to give up on the dull and
unsexy 'Cp1252' encoding and embrace the oh-so-much
better and much more kosher 'ISO-8859-1' encoding.

Thanks again, and please help me some more, if
possible!

Alex