[opencms-dev] Special Characteres

Brendon Price Brendon.Price at sytec.co.nz
Mon Nov 10 19:42:01 CET 2003

Hi,

We had a similar problem, so I just added the special characters (Maori
language characters) to the WYSIWYG character screen within the openCMS
workplace, replacing some existing ones we did not need. Of course you will
need to determine the UTF-8 encoding values for your special characters.
By the way, this implies you must have UTF-8 encoding setup for tomcat.
The user can then add the characters via a point and click.

This is taken from our deployment plan:

To enable the use of Maori Macrons via the OpenCMS WYSIWYG editor, make the
following change to the workplace. Edit the file called
/system/workplace/templates/edit_html_chars and for the last row of the
table change it to read:

')">Ā</a></td>
')">ā</a></td>
')">Ē</a></td>