[opencms-dev] Still no Resign support in OpenCms

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Thu Nov 13 09:54:02 CET 2003

Hi,

I am getting repeated questions regarding support for Resign and why it
dosen't work with OpenCms. So here's the current status on that:

> Is there anyone at Alkacon that can tell me
> the what the current state of play is with OpenCMS support of Resin?

Sure. Resign is not currently supported because of issues with the JSP
integration. Support for Resign is not on our TODO list of things. If
someone else contributes patches that make Resign support available we will
of course include these in OpenCms. It's just we currently never use Resign,
and so we don't have the urgent need of investigating this matter further.

> Can someone elaborate on what these "JSP integration problems" are?

Issues are regarding a behaviour of the HttpResponseWrapper not compatible
with the Tomcat behaviour.

> I was of the understanding that with the recently
> released Flex / OpenCms 5.0 version,
> full support for JSP is included in the system.

> We run Resin 2.1.10 which fully supports Sun's
> JSP 1.2 specification..

This is what Resign claims. However, the JSP spec says that if something is
not clearly outlined in the written spec, the behaviour of the default spec
implementation is the standard. The default spec implementation is Tomcat.
Resgin behaves different from Tomcat regarding that handling of
HttpResponseWrappers. Other engines (e.g. Oracle, BEA) DO behave like Tomcat
and OpenCms works fine on these.

Best Regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior