[opencms-dev] feeding openCms (Web) from local installation

"Stephan Löffler" stephanloeffler at gmx.de
Thu Nov 13 17:34:01 CET 2003

Hi Michael,

you can dump the database of the local system. In mysql you do this with the
mysqldump command. The output of the dump is written into a file you define.

On the machine with the newly installed system drop all tables of the
database and then fill the data-
base again by using the opposite of the dump command. Can't remember what
it's
name is.
Alternativly drop the whole database on the new machine, create it again and
then fill it up
like I wrote before.
This works perfect. I have done this myself. However, be aware that by
dumping the db
all tables and projects will also appear in your new system.

Hey is this more efficient? Don't know really, but it is just another way
that does work so far.
For me it was more efficient. Maybe for you it is also.

Cheers,

Stephan