Fwd: Re(2): [opencms-dev] Special Characteres

OpenCms opencms at arcadian.com.br
Fri Nov 14 12:59:02 CET 2003

Hi Brendom and everybody,

Thanks for your help till now. However, I still have problems using
special characters in the properties of a resource like Title, Description
and NavText. That is, when I put a character like á, ê, ó in the NavText
propertie of a resource, many '???' characteres appears on the Workplace
and when I try to show the NavTex in my navigator, the characteres '????'
appears too.

I'm using the com.opencms.util.Encoder.escapeHtml() method to show the
NavText, like this:

        Encoder escape = new Encoder();
        out.print(escape.escapeHtml(nav.getNavText()))

But didn't succeed.

Notice that in the database (MySQL) the text of NavText properties is
correctly stored (i.e with de correct chracteres á, ê, ó).

Any clue ?
Thanks and regards,

Luís Batista.