[opencms-dev] User management questions

Ralf Bierig ambiesense at gmx.de
Sun Nov 16 19:01:01 CET 2003

Hello Group,

I have a couple of questions regardning user management in OpenCMS 5.0.

1. What is the relation between login and id for a user? Why is the id not
the login?
2. Can I add a user which does not belong to any group (like
addUser("me","mypasswd",null,"")) ?
3. What is the meaning of the partent parameter in addGroup?

Can anybody provide examples (Java code) for addUser, addGroup. Particularly
if:

only user login and password are given (possible?)
only group name are given (possible?)

Maybe somebody can provide a example code sniplet?

Cheers and a good Sunday,
Ralf