[opencms-dev] User management questions

Ralf Bierig ambiesense at gmx.de
Mon Nov 17 17:32:02 CET 2003

Hi,

couldn't find anything usefull neither at that address nor in the
mailinglist archive.

Please have a look to my questions again. Some example sourcecode would help
me a lot:

1. What is the relation between login and id for a user? Why is the id not
the login?
2. Can I add a user which does not belong to any group (like
addUser("me","mypasswd",null,"")) ?
3. What is the meaning of the partent parameter in addGroup?

Can anybody provide examples (Java code) for addUser, addGroup. Particularly
if:

only user login and password are given (possible?)
only group name are given (possible?)

Thank you in advance for your help,
Ralf

http://synyx.de/board/viewforum.php?f=29&sid=1a9b8b487275d94cfce19bda6293ee9c