[opencms-dev] re: Problem with mysql connection - OS X

Tim Cavanagh timcavan at tafe.sa.edu.au
Thu Nov 20 05:07:02 CET 2003

I have worked out how to install openCMS on a system using OS X. I initially
took the easy way and changed the encoding in opencms to macroman however
this causes a mysql connection error. The answer is to change the encoding
of tomcat to ISO-8859-1. To do this you need to edit the catalina startup
shell script found at <yourinstallocation>/Tomcat/bin/catalina.sh

Add the following variables to the script exactly (including quotes) or it
will fail.

CATALINA_OPTS="$CATALINA_OPTS -Dfile.encoding=ISO-8859-1"

I know this is already in the archive but past messages fail to provide the
syntax correctly.

--

Regards

Tim Cavanagh
Technical Coordinator
MindMedia
Douglas Mawson Institute of Technology
1 Mundy St
Port Adelaide
SA 5015

Phone +618 83032669
Fax   +618 83032667

"What can be done with fewer assumptions is done in vain with more"
William of Ockham