[opencms-dev] Slow Java navigation

M.Wortmann at waz.de M.Wortmann at waz.de
Fri Nov 21 14:52:01 CET 2003

Hello everybody,

we've got the following problem with OpenCMS: The intranet of our company
was developed with OpenCMS. We're using Java script HierMenues for
navigation. This navigation gets generated dynamically by reading the
folder structure of OpenCMS. Because the intranet is growing fast and a lot
of new content is added, it gets slower and slower. It takes up to 15
seconds on older computers for the navigation to load. The CPU-trash
reaches 100%. This is much to slow for effective working.
The question is which component causes this delay? Could it be the
execution of the Java script at client site or is it the dynamic
generation?

We'd appreciate every hint which helps us to accelerate this process.

Best regards,

Markus