[opencms-dev] install on mandrake machine

Vincent Knecht vince at iefr.ath.cx
Fri Nov 21 22:20:02 CET 2003

Hi

i had it (tomcat 4.1.27/opencms5.0.0/J2SDK1.4) running on mdk9.1
but could not find binary packages (for mandrake) for tomcat (so i used
the binary provided on jakarta tomcat site), and jserv/jk/jk2 connectors
(for using tomcat through apache).
However i build the connectors from source without much pain (once u
know where you go)
for sdk i used .tar.gz from sun site, but rpm should do it
(just check where it's installed to set JAVA_HOME)

The point was to make sure you install the apache-build or apache-devel
package (couldn't remember the exact name), in fact, the one that brings
apxs utility. With that, you can adapt the connector to your pre-build
apache binary package, by specifying its path on ./configure stage

good luck