[opencms-dev] Check if User/Usergroup is disabled?

Ralf B ambiesense at gmx.de
Sat Nov 22 02:13:01 CET 2003

Hi,

how can I check if a CmsUser is disabled / enabled  using the OpenCMS API?
How can I do this for the CmsGroup?
How can I enable a user/usergroup in OpenCMS using the API ?

I have the following code (status true means enabled, false disabled) and it
seems not to work:

if (status) {
  cmsUser.setEnabled();
} else {
 cmsUser.setDisabled();
}

I load the information using this code:

if (cmsUser.getDisabled()){
   user.enable(false);
} else {
  user.enable(true);
}

Whatever I do (enabling or disabling in any order), when I store and load
the info. It is all set to enabled again... I am wondering if I am using the
right method for what I want...

Any ideas?

Ralf