[opencms-dev] Extending OpenCMS

Joachim Arrasz info at arrasz.de
Fri Nov 28 07:53:02 CET 2003

Hi,

> The first thing is a "real" workflow: Meaning there are some guys
> editing the pages and some other having the final look and saying "ok".
>  Has anybody ever tried to integrate such workflow or are there even
> plans for adding such a feature in the next release?

this is quite easy, i`m sure you`ve seen the workflow pane. So all of
theese Tasks can be created via the Opencms API. Have a look at the
readTasks() Method in the CmsObject Class. You have to enhance a little
for a full workflow with predefined actors.
> The second thing I miss, is a way to set some kind of "valid" period.
> I've got some pages with different versions for different periods (one
> version from monday to friday, a second version starting on saturday).
> So without editing the pages I want to have a versions which are only
> online a limited time.

For this you can use the news-Module since Version 1.4 i think. I never
tried it, but there is an applet for publishing start and end date
integrated!
Hope this helps a bit

Otherwise have a look at opencms-forum.de eventually there is little more
help