AW: [opencms-dev] Error on Edit...

Mark Miller mark.miller at hema.ch
Mon Dec 1 19:52:02 CET 2003

I would suggest that, from the log that you posted, you take a look at
the following lines

----- Root Cause -----
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.xerces.dom.CoreDocumentImpl.getEncoding()Ljava/lang/String;
        at
com.opencms.template.CmsXmlXercesParser.getOriginalEncoding(CmsXmlXerces
Parser.java:193)

Something is wrong with Encoding or with Xerces. Do a search on both
keywords on the mailing list and check if anything matches your problem.