[opencms-dev] access denied insufficient rights

Claus Priisholm cpr at codedroids.com
Tue Dec 2 10:14:01 CET 2003

The username and password you refer to in the opencms.properties file
relates to your database connections. They should be set such that
OpenCms can log into the appropriate database (e.g. opencms). This
depends on you database setup - when running the ocsetup procedure you
were asked to provide those values so you just have to set them
accordingly in the opencms.properties.

It is generally a good idea to create a specific database user for
OpenCms rather than keeping on using 'root' as is the case for the
MySQL entry in your post (you should only worry about the entries that
are specific for your database system - i.e if you use MySQL, you can
ignore entries like *.genericsqlbackup.* and *.sapdb.* and so forth).

--
Claus Priisholm
+45 48 22 46 46