[opencms-dev] External Link Gallery Management

astaffo2 at csc.com.au astaffo2 at csc.com.au
Thu Dec 11 05:15:02 CET 2003

Hey all

I was wondering if anyone can explain how the External Link Gallery works
when you add a new external link.

We have an application server with running OpenCMS5.0 which takes a very
long time to add external links.

Each time we add a link to a gallery the workspace sits there for a long
while then returns saying that it could not make the connection.

Our assumption is that the application server is trying to connect to the
site specified by the link and then timing out (our app server cannot
access the internet) - if this is the case how may we stop this connection
attempt or at least reduce the time out?

Thank you for your help.

Cheers

Aaron