[opencms-dev] Unable to edit a file according to the documentation.

Beth Lipp blipp at caci.com
Thu Dec 11 17:46:01 CET 2003

I am trying to follow the example in the manual to get a better understanding of the OpenCMS.  We are in the process of evaluating your product and I am on a very tight deadline.  I am getting the following errors when I attempt to edit the
installation.html file under the Project "Nice Try":

I have attempted to correct this error by doing the following (items used for this came from the install instructions and the mail archives on your site) :

1.  I added a user for the db in mysql and modified the opencms.properties file.
2.  I exchanged the xercesImpl.jar with the xerces-1_4_4.jar file.
3.  I added the user to the ProjectManagers group with full permission's and changed the group/permission's on the file

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Beth H. Lipp
CACI - Premier Technologies Inc.