[opencms-dev] External Link Gallery Management

astaffo2 at csc.com.au astaffo2 at csc.com.au
Fri Dec 12 06:32:00 CET 2003

Thank you for that - good point about the publishing, I'll looking into
that also.

Cheers

Aaron

M Butcher <mbutcher at grcomputing.net>
Sent by: opencms-dev-admin at opencms.org
12.12.2003 16:35
Please respond to opencms-dev

        To:     opencms-dev at opencms.org
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: [opencms-dev] External Link Gallery Management

astaffo2 at csc.com.au wrote:

> Our assumption is that the application server is trying to connect to
> the site specified by the link and then timing out (our app server
> cannot access the internet) - if this is the case how may we stop this
> connection attempt or at least reduce the time out?

You are correct in your assumption. I think you'd have to edit the
classes to change the behavior. IIRC, the class is the
CmsResourceBroker.java -- probably the one in
com.opencms.file.genericSql. You may hav to go to the workplace package
and find the page used to create the link and trace the function calls
from there.

Incidentally, I believe that publishing will also run the same sort of
link checks, so you may run into the same problem again there.

Matt