[opencms-dev] Re "Administration + offline" view prob!! SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC Invalid bindings

Martin Alley martin.alley at ntlworld.com
Mon Dec 22 18:04:01 CET 2003

Hi,

I noticed this thread in the archives.  I have just installed opencms,
with SQLServer and am experiencing exactly the same problem.

I did notice that the call stack when this problem occurs looks like
this

com.opencms.core.CmsException: 4 Sql exception. Detailed error:
[com.opencms.file.mssql.CmsDbAccess][Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver
for JDBC]Connection reset by peer: socket write error.
root cause was java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver
for JDBC]Connection reset by peer: socket write error
	at
com.opencms.file.genericSql.CmsDbAccess.readUser(CmsDbAccess.java:10181)
	at
com.opencms.file.genericSql.CmsResourceBroker.readWebUser(CmsResourceBro
ker.java:6561)
	at
com.opencms.file.CmsRequestContext.init(CmsRequestContext.java:177)
	at com.opencms.file.CmsObject.init(CmsObject.java:2200)
	at com.opencms.core.OpenCms.initUser(OpenCms.java:896)
	at
com.opencms.core.OpenCmsHttpServlet.initUser(OpenCmsHttpServlet.java:473
)
	at
com.opencms.core.OpenCmsHttpServlet.doGet(OpenCmsHttpServlet.java:304)

The key point being that the last few calls are to
com.opencms.file.genericSql....
I would have expected them to be com.opencms.file.mssql.............

1) I don't know if I'm right in my expectation
2) If I am right, I don't know why this would only affect the admin
offline view
3) Has anyone found a solution to this yet?

Many Thanks
Martin