[opencms-dev] Logfile with accessing IPs

Hartmann, Waehrisch & Feykes GmbH hartmann at waehrisch-feykes.de
Thu Jan 8 13:40:02 CET 2004

Hi,

you have to enable logging in tomcat.
In the conf/server.xml place inside of your <Host>-part the following:
                 directory="logs"  prefix="access_log." suffix=".txt"
                 pattern="combined" resolveHosts="false"/>

The host-part starts with an opening tag like:
<Host name="localhost" debug="0" appBase="webapps"
       unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true">

Then restart tomcat. The logs will be written to the logs directory as
access_log.yyyy-mm-dd.txt

Bye,
Stephan