[opencms-dev] Database abstraction/persistence layer for use in OpenCms

dwight at penski.com dwight at penski.com
Mon Jan 12 22:11:01 CET 2004

Hello all ---

We are looking at OpenCms for developing our database-driven web services.

We are using MySQL to host OpenCms, and we are planning to use MySQL to
run the databases that we will access to generate per-user customised web
pages (from JSPs) once the sites are deployed. For this we will need an
object/relational (and abstraction/persistence) layer, such as Apache
Jakarta's OJB.

My question: what database abstraction/persistence layers are available
(Open Source preferred) that work well in JSPs developed and hosted in
OpenCms projects? Even better, are there facilities in OpenCms to assist
in managing database resources, akin to such facilities in SilverStream?
The "Database Management" icon in the OpenCms workbench appears to only be
for importing and exporting of OpenCms projects.

Conversely, are there any abstraction/persistence layers that are known to
/not/ work well with OpenCms?

Many thanks,

  --Dwight Tuinstra
    dwight at penski.com