[opencms-dev] modules

Michael Goodwin mgoodwin at amadeus.net
Wed Jan 14 10:31:01 CET 2004

I am interested in information on the following:

We currently have ASP implementations of the following:
      - forum
      - knowledge base
      - some static content
This wouldn't be a problem except users have to login in to the site.
Opencms can handle this, but it means that JSP cannot be dynamically used
(i.e can only generate static content with it) and be integrated with the
rest of the site. This leaves two options:
      1. Port the ASP into JSP
      2. Set up some system where an ASP page can masquerade as the user
and login into the JSP, carrying a minimum of session state.

Anybody have any experience on getting ASP and OpenCMS things working
together?

Anyone aware of any modules that would provide at least some of this
functionality
      - forum (self explanatory, with email notification of new subjects)
      - knowledge base, would probably be used in conjunction with lucene
      - management of web users
      - documentation management, where large documents are composed out of
chapters (for reuse), written in perhaps docbook or other suitable XML
format, with some support for MS word importing?

I may well end up writing the last one (and will endeavour to open source
it), but probably cannot justify writing the first two from scratch.

regards,

Mike.