[opencms-dev] mailing list question

Joachim Arrasz info at arrasz.de
Thu Jan 15 08:16:02 CET 2004

Hi,

> two things - one - i signed up for the daily digest version of the
> mailing list - does this mean i cannot get the immediate emails?  i
> would like both if possible.

this works but not both, you can get all mails directly or all at the end
of the day ... i think.
> second - to the people asking about forums - i am also working on
> another open source project, a forum that is quite mature at this point
> called mvnforum.

that`s fine. I began in december to work on a port from mvn to Opencms.
But as i have seen it`s much work. Then my holiday came... and this is the
last standing. :-)
> it is GPL though.  www.mvnforum.com. It has its own
> notion of what a 'person' is, so a module to synch the forum user list
> with the opencms user list would be necessary if that is desired.

i think it`s a lot more to do. Alle the db-classes in mvn-forum have to
use the opencms-db con-pooling. I`m not sure but as i can remember this is
abstracted to just oine class in mvn-forum!Am i right?

Perhaps we can talk a bit more about details via mail?

Kind Regards

Joachim Arrasz

Synyx oHG

--