AW: [opencms-dev] Query String Parameters and Static Export

Mark Miller mark.miller at hema.ch
Thu Jan 15 09:48:02 CET 2004

That is pretty much the functionality that my news module adds. It uses
JSP templates to generate a static html page for each news item.

You can define in the News channels
- where each channel should be exported too
- Which template to use to generate the static page
- which files need to be touched (ie. if you have pages with navigation
links to the files)

I personally export each channel to a separate folder and create an
index.html.jsp page to list the items. I can get the news item id from
the properties of the file, and then use the NewsContentDefinition class
to access all information for the item. Works well for me.

When the pages are exported, I use the news item date to generate the
NavPos so I can use the normal opencms navigation techniques if I want.

You can get the version at
http://www.hema.ch/personal/mark.miller/opencms/module_news.html

Full source is included within the module under the /src/ folder.

Hope this helps,

All the best,

mark