[opencms-dev] Two questions about lucene

M Butcher mbutcher at grcomputing.net
Thu Jan 15 23:48:02 CET 2004

Lucene is a general purpose search library. It's more concerned with the
indexing and searching internals. It is up to the developer to implement
tools that take the data and model it in a way that Lucene can understand.

For instance, the OpenCms Lucene module extends and implements various
Lucene objects and converts OpenCms files to Lucene Document objects.

I'm sure that there are web-crawler apps (like ht:dig) that utilize
Lucene (after all, it wouldn't be that hard to combine a spider and
Lucene). You'd probably want to check apache.org for links to Lucene
applications.

Matt