[opencms-dev] meaning of database parameters in opencms.properties

tol opencms at recordcaster.de
Fri Jan 16 01:24:01 CET 2004

Hi,

the first question is, are you familar with the idea of a connection pool?

> What's the meaning of this parameters in opencms.properties?
I assume the following - if I'm not right please, please correct me! :-)

> pool.mysql.minConn=10
the count of min. simultaneous open connection to the mysqldatabase

> pool.mysql.maxConn=20
the count of max. simultaneous open connection to the mysqldatabase

> pool.mysql.increaseRate=5
if the current opened connection are all in use and a new connection is
necessary then 5 new one are open a the same time.

> pool.mysql.timeout=120
the idletime for an used connection

> pool.mysql.maxage=360
the max.time a connection can be used.