[opencms-dev] Problem: Creating new link for .xls .doc .dot files

Ritwik Datta dattaritwik at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 16 04:56:01 CET 2004

Dear Sir,

I have  uploaded word documents(.doc), document templates(.dot) & excel sheets in my content repository. I could view those uploaded files in browser. I also made necessary change in mimetypes.properties under $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/opencms/WEB-INF/classes/. But when I add a external link and give URL link to any of those files and access it through index.html , I am getting junk formatting characters with text. I have checked with .txt files. it is working ok. But with .xls .doc .dot files , there is problem. I think something must be configured. Can you tell me the catch? This is very urgent requirement, as we have many uploaded files and for each link has to be added in index.html.
Please help me. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Ritwik