[opencms-dev] Uploading/Importing "big" files

praveen_sadasivam at chennai.tcs.co.in praveen_sadasivam at chennai.tcs.co.in
Tue Jan 20 05:46:01 CET 2004

Hi,

One of my friend here suggested, to to create a file object and import the
file object into the database instead of the file. This might help resolve
the java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

Thanks & Regards,
Praveen S
AWS, Tata Consultancy Services,
12th Floor, Tidel Park, Chennai 600 113, India
Ph: +91 44 2254 0130 to 35 x 2314

                      "Steffen Valentin"
                      <sva at archikart.de>        To:       <opencms-dev at opencms.org>
                      Sent by:                  cc:
                      opencms-dev-admin@        Subject:  [opencms-dev] Uploading/Importing "big" files
                      opencms.org

                      01/19/2004 04:08
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      opencms-dev

Hello everybody!

I'm tried to import a zip-files into the database, but I got

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

After that I tried to upload every single file contained in the
zip-archive. But I got the same error!
The files are about 10MB in size!

What might be the problem and how can I solve it?
Is there any workaround for this problem?

Thank you in advance!

Steffen(See attached file: InterScan_SafeStamp.txt)