[opencms-dev] how to set java_home

tol opencms at recordcaster.de
Wed Jan 21 11:03:02 CET 2004

Hi!
>    i'm new to opencms

me too :-)) ... and also no linux freak, but perhaps I can help all the
same ...

> could anyone tell me how to set the JAVA_HOME
> my actual JAVA_HOME is /usr/lib/kaffe
> and is not working

my way was:

I created a export file (call it export or what ever)

**************************
#!/bin/sh
JAVA_HOME=/usr/local/j2sdk1.4.2_01/
CATALINA_HOME=/usr/local/tomcat
CATALINA_OPTS=-Dfile.encoding=ISO-8859-1
export JAVA_HOME
export CATALINA_HOME
export CATALINA_OPTS
**************************

Saved it and made it executable (chmod u+x)

Bevor I startup tomcatserver I run "source export" within the same shell
I start tomcat.

hmmm ... I assume the source command will work on all files, ... so it
is not realy neccesary to make the exportfile executable ...

There may be other and better ways ... but that works for me ...

best wishes
Tol
--
independent internet radio berlin