[opencms-dev] response.setContentType("text/xml")

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Thu Jan 22 15:03:02 CET 2004

The rc2 "fix" was not working and in fact introduced other problems bigger
then the ones it was supposed to solve. The deepdown reason for the issue is
that in an OpenCms JSP cms:include scenario every included JSP element will
set it's own content type to "text/html", overwriting the content type you
might already have set.

A quickfix soulution would be to introduce a
CmsJspActionElement.setResponseContentType(String) method. A soultion that
implements the standard is also possible (I belive), but more time -
consuming.

Best Regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior