[opencms-dev] hiding galleries

Michael Goodwin mgoodwin at amadeus.net
Mon Jan 26 14:59:02 CET 2004

How can you hide galleries from other users? I am using the 5.0.1 fat
distribution and it comes with two galleries (for the documentation). I
would like to hide these.

 What i did was to change the owner ship of the gallery folders to Admin.
Then made it so others could only read all the files :
rwvrwvr---
This stops the galleries from showing up in the gallery browser selection
box, but the images of one of them (the 'first') are displayed. Moreover it
is impossible to switch to the visible gallery if there is only one of
them, as the program seems satisfied that it is displaying the correct
pictures.

How should i do it? Do I want files to stop being readable (does this have
any implications for viewing webpages??)?

cheers,

Mike.