[opencms-dev] Insufficient rights for editing in OpenCMS

Kaasa, Stian stian.kaasa at avinor.no
Wed Jan 28 11:05:02 CET 2004

Hi all

I have recently installed OpenCMS 5.0, Tomcat 4.1.29 and MySQL 4.0.17. The
installation is on a XP platform.
I am now trying to work through the examples from the documentation. In
particular I am trying to edit the file
"/system/bodies/release/installation.html" for the very first time. I
receive the following error:

com.opencms.core.CmsException: 1 Access denied. Detailed error:
CmsXmlTemplateEditor] Insufficient rights for editing the file
/system/bodies/release/installation.html..............

I am logged in as Admin and should have rights to all files. Permissions
look ok when I left-click on the file icon in the explorer view. I cannot
even create a new file.

It looks like this is a problem that have been experienced by others, and I
am surprised that I can not find a description on how to overcome the
problem.

Can anyone help please ?

Regards Stian