[opencms-dev] Maximal file upload size

Reinier.Battenberg at mbcac.Mercedes-Benz.com Reinier.Battenberg at mbcac.Mercedes-Benz.com
Wed Feb 4 10:41:00 CET 2004

Hi,

I am trying to upload a .jar file into my new modules \lib folder. The jar's
size is 1,235,721  bytes. OpenCMS says that the maximum size of the packet
is 1048576 bytes. I tried zipping, but it only gets me to 1,141,306 bytes.

I thought this was a bit odd, so I checked the opencms.properties file. And
there it says I should not have this problem as I am logged in as an admin +
there is no maximum size at all, indeed.

Is there a way to get my file inthere?

Rgds,

Reinier

Excerpt from opencms.properties file:

# Limits the size of the files which can be uploaded
# by users to the VFS. Limitation does not apply for members
# of the Administrators group.
# The value is the maximum file size in kilobytes.
# Disable the limitation by setting the value to -1.
workplace.file.maxuploadsize=-1

Excerpt from the error:

com.opencms.core.CmsException: 0 Unknown exception. Detailed error:
CmsException ID: 0.
root cause was java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Packet is larger than
max_allowed_packet from server configuration of 1048576 bytes