[opencms-dev] Is asking about clustering considered rude?

Josso.Relota at mbcac.Mercedes-Benz.com Josso.Relota at mbcac.Mercedes-Benz.com
Wed Feb 4 15:41:01 CET 2004

En alhier wordt een prachtig staaltje van de kunst "inbinden" door Agnus ten
toon gespreid.

-----Original Message-----
From: Angus Mezick [mailto:amezick at guidestar.org]
Sent: 04 February 2004 15:36
To: opencms-dev at opencms.org
Subject: RE: [opencms-dev] Is asking about clustering considered rude?

> 04 February 2004 13:32, Angus Mezick wrote:
> > I am trying to figure out why I can't get a response about
> how to use
> > a feature that is listed on your "Features" web page?  The
> clustering/
> > auto update of slave sites is a MUST have for me and its mention on
> > the website is the reason why I spent a week installing an playing
> > around with this application.  If it isn't implemented might I
> > recommend a patch for your website?
>
> How about a patch for your arrogance?

Not arrogance, just extreme frustrations, I am been trying to figure
this out for the entire month of January.

> What makes you think that everyone should rally around and answer just
> your question? Maybe you didn't phrase it properly, maybe it's so
> obvious people assume you'll figure it out from the documentation.

I just want to know if a feature that is advertised as working really
works and if so, where do I find information about configuring that
feature.  If it is in the documentation please please please please
point me to that location.  I have installed EVERY documention module on
the website in hopes of finding this informaion and it is not there as
far as I can tell.  I have gone though the config files for OpenCMS and
there is mention of neither clustering nor loadbalancing.

> Either way, the chances of you getting any help are likely to be
> seriously diminished by being sarcastic and rude.
>
> Looking back, Alexander already answered your initial question, while
> your followup email did hide the actual question beneath a couple of
> paragraphs of comment. I'd suggest keeping a question to the point and
> probably including the gist in the subject line - I've been guilty of
> the same problem and received similar response :)

Do you mean the use "rsync" answer?  I don't see a "rsync" included in
OpenCMS admin panel.  I guess I could install cygwin on my win2k boxes,
but this gets aways from the automagic updates that the feature page
promises.

Ok, to be clear:

Is loadbalancing/ clustering/ automatic update to multiple web servers
on publish work?
[ ] Yes
[ ] No

If yes, is this documented?
[ ] Yes
[ ] No

If yes, where?

> Geoff

--Angus
Please, I just need a simple answer.  I don't mind doing the work to
figure out how to get this working, I just can't seem to find a starting
point.