[opencms-dev] Securing the system

Michael Goodwin mgoodwin at amadeus.net
Fri Feb 6 10:18:01 CET 2004

>> I would like to prevent people from seeing files that have not been
>> exported statically. Anyone achieved this?
>>
>> What seems logical to me is to remove the read permission for 'others'
for
>> the files. However when this is done there is an error when you publish
the
>> files. What rights does the publishing process operate with?
>
>But it does work as wanted, doesn't it? So read over the error messages.

No it doesn't work. The file is unviewable unless you are logged in (the
desired result), but it doesn't get published. The export seems to have the
same permissions as 'others', which is logical but in this case
undesirable. The site itself has its own authentication in asp (used for
statistical purposes, but also because there maybe some fairly sensitive
information). Thanks for any help.