[opencms-dev] Problem with mod_proxy guidelines

Thorsten Busse eiablage at thorsten-busse.de
Fri Feb 6 15:41:02 CET 2004

Hi,

Eke, Kemi meinte:
> NameVirtualHost 192.168.5.127
> <VirtualHost 192.168.5.127>...
>
> The httpd daemon restarts with no errors, however I'm back to the same
> situation I was in before.  All servers, test01, test02 and opencms work and
> you can only log into the administration environment via the
> opencms.alkacon.com server but all servers have the "Introduction to the
> OpenCms 5 fat-binary distribution" as their start page and not
>
> test01 serving /alkacon-documentation
> test02 serving /release
> opencms serving "Introduction to the OpenCms 5 fat-binary distribution"
>
> which is what I would expect for each individual virtual host.  So at the
> moment the information in the module does clear the /opencms/opencms part of
> the url, but I have a new problem where each site is visible to the other
> from any server, because they are serving pages from the same starting
> point, not the desired result.  I am happy to help with any further
> debugging of this, please if you or anyone else has some pointers on this
> please let me know

I am no apache expert, but it looks like your virtual host setup doesn't work.
It might be helpfull to setup tomcat with the standard 8080 port to be able to
check the output of tomcat without a working apache configuration.

I followed the virtual host guidelines of the apache2 documentation and I had
to adjust the final Proxy and ProxyReverse rules (at the end of each vhost
section) to something like http://hostname:8081/opencms/alkacon-documentation/
etc.

I also put the different hostnames for test01,test02 etc. in my local bind
configuration - maybee this is neccessary for named virtuals hosts to work?
I am not shure if a setup via the hosts file is adequate.

HTH,

Thorsten