[opencms-dev] Tomcat 5.0.16 usage

Mariano Barcia mariano.barcia at colaborativa.net
Sat Feb 7 00:35:02 CET 2004

Matt,

The problems were strictly related to the indexation process with
Lucene. The JVM would not stop until it reached 1GB RAM memory usage,
and the CPU would go nuts when the usage had reached the JVM max heap
limit.

Actually, I must say the problem was not about performance except for
the special case mentioned above for the CPU.

The good news is that the customer performed stress tests on the system,
with great success even with about 2GB of contents loaded, so don't
worry about the module, it works fine ;-) great work! So far, with more
than 4000 html documents uploaded and indexed, the search engine works
great, simply unbeatable.

We are using v1.4 of the opencms-lucene module, with some modifications
Ernesto did, but now I believe they are integrated into the last v1.5
release, we could use v1.5 right?

Thanks,
--mariano

PS: We could issue a .class file to patch Opencms 5 for Xerces v2.5,
would you host it on http://opencmslucene.sourceforge.net ?