[opencms-dev] wierd problems with multiple file upload - getFileNames() returns "unknown"

Harish.Chakravarthy at sjsu.edu Harish.Chakravarthy at sjsu.edu
Mon Feb 9 01:50:02 CET 2004

Hi,

I have a backoffice module for multiple file upload.
My code: (for first file upload)
  <input class="textfeld6" type="text" size="20" maxlength="64"
  name="image1" id="image1" value="]]><PROCESS>image1</PROCESS><![CDATA[">
    <input class="textfeld6" type="file" size="45" name="gif1"
id="gif1">

Output of my logger, after file upload is -
gif1=test-will-not-upload.gif
fileName=unknown              (there should be a valid file name here !)

Here I get fileName as follows
Enumeration files = request.getFileNames();
String fileName = (String) files.nextElement();

I get gif1 as follows
String gif1 = (String) parameters.get("gif1");

Intrestingly, I can upload files some times ( around 2K) and some times I
cannot. I tried changing path, names of files, files size but for some
unknown reason, the problem still persists.

max_allowed_packet variable in mysql is set to 25M. I also do not have any
file size specified in opencms.properites

I am running Opencms 5 final and using CmsRequestHttpServlet.java version
1.36

Any information ?

Thanks
Harish