[opencms-dev] Tomcat 5.0.16 usage

Arun Barua wikimaster at cetinformation.com
Tue Feb 10 11:46:01 CET 2004

Hi,

It appears that Tomcat 4.1.29 also ships with Xerces v2.5 (file name:
xercesImpl.jar). This file is stored in the /common/endorsed/ folder. If
this file is present in the classpath it seems to override any other Xerces
package. The solution I used to solve this problem with CMS was to delete
(or rename to a non jar file) the xercesImpl.jar file (in the
/common/endorsed folder) and replace it with xerces-1_4_4.jar file supplied
with the CMS installation. Restart Tomcat and everything is honky dory. This
fix even works with Tomcat 5.0.

FYI, the full path of the folder on my machine is: C:\Program Files\Apache
Group\Tomcat 4.1\common\endorsed

- Arun