[opencms-dev] Cache / Page refresh problem

Laszlo Kiss laci at cepit.ro
Tue Feb 10 13:52:02 CET 2004

Hi!

We have a refresh problem in one of our jsp pages. The page is used to
view a record from a database table. The record is fetched using our
ContentDefiniton class. We noticed that changes made directly on the
table (from a sql console) are not always visible in our page.
I tried to make more steps (modifying the table, refreshing the page)
and at the begining works fine, but from a certain moment I'm not able
to see the changes. I suspect that the data is not read from the
database but from a buffer. I'm not sure if it is a page cache or a
buffer to speed up database access.
Can anybody give me a hint? Why this happens? How can I read the data
every time from the database?

Our configuration:
Win2k; JDK 1.4.2_03; Tomcat 4.1.27; mySQL 4.0.14; OpenCms 5.0.1;

Best regards
L.