[opencms-dev] Lucene doesn't seem to work!

Steffen Valentin sva at archikart.de
Thu Feb 12 08:17:01 CET 2004

The logfile says it has indexed 723 files!

And here is the search jsp - I call it from another page via form with the
parameter q

<%@ page import="net.grcomputing.opencms.search.lucene.SearchHelper,
org.apache.lucene.search.Hits,
    org.apache.lucene.document.*, com.opencms.flex.jsp.*, java.util.Date" %>

<%
CmsJspActionElement cms = new CmsJspActionElement(pageContext, request,
response);

// This class has a bunch of useful methods for searching.
SearchHelper search = new SearchHelper(cms);

// Get the GET/POST parameter named "q"
String query = request.getParameter("q");
if(query != null) {
    // This does a text search using the query provided.
    // org.apache.lucene.hits are returned.
    Hits hits = search.doSimpleSearch(query);
    //out.println("Hits");

    int i, j = hits.length();

    if(j == 0) {
        out.println("<h2>Your search found no matches. Please try
again.</h2>");
    } else {
        float score;
        Document doc;
        String tLastMod;
        if(j == 1)
            out.println("<h2 class=\"search-mathces\">Your search found 1
match.</h2>");
        else
            out.println("<h2 class=\"search-matches\">Your search found " +
Integer.toString(j) + " matches.</h2>");

        // For each hit, get the Document and print out some information
(including a link) about each item that
        // matches.
        for(i = 0; i<j; ++i) {
            score = hits.score(i);
            doc = hits.doc(i);
            String lms = doc.get("last_modified");
            if(lms != null && !"".equals(lms))
                tLastMod = DateField.stringToDate(lms).toString();
            else tLastMod = "unknown";

            //tLastMod = "unknown";
            out.println("<p class=\"search-hit\"><b
class=\"search-hit-title\">"
                + "<a href=\"" + cms.link(doc.get("abs_path")) + "\"
class=\"search-hit-link\">"
class=\"search-hit-score\">");
            //out.print(score); // Score is between 0.0 and 1.0
            out.println("</i> " + doc.get("description") + " <br><span
class=\"smalltext\">(Last modified: " + tLastMod + ")</span></p>");
        }
    }
} else {
    out.println("No results found.");