[opencms-dev] New 5.3.2 version in CVS due later today

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Fri Feb 13 11:56:01 CET 2004

Hi,

some update on the development status of the next OpenCms version:

Later today we will tag the CVS HEAD to be version 5.3.2. People who make
use of OpenCms on a regular basis should take a look at that version in
order to prepare for the next major release, which will feature considerable
enhancements but also break some existing code, even though fixing this
should be easy.

The changes in 5.3.2 (compared to 5.3.1) are:

! Improved dialogs for MS DHTML editor implemented in JSP
! New editor plugin API for adding alternative editors
! OpenCms now features a build in search facility based on Lucene
! New CmsSystemInfo object contains all read-only system information
* New/deleted/copied etc. folders in the explorer tree view are now
correctly updated
- Removed resource type "newpage" as xmlpage is now finished
- Removed dependency on Xerces1, OpenCms should now run with any Xerces
version

For the next version (5.3.3) we will continue the move from the
com.opencms.* package names to the org.opencms.* package names, wich will
mean we will refactor com.opencms.file.ComObject to be
org.opencms.file.CmsObject.

Our final goal is to collect all XmlTemplate dependencies in the
com.opencms.* packages, and later have these packages (ie. everything with
com.opencms.*) as optional add-on JAR to the core OpenCms distribution. This
refactoring of the classes is one further step towards that goal.

To make your code compile again with the current CVS HEAD (and the next
major release), you will just have to replace most import statements from
com.opencms.* to org.opencms.*.

Best Regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior