[opencms-dev] Param

Ben Rometsch ben at solidstategroup.com
Mon Feb 16 18:04:02 CET 2004

Hi There,

I'm having problems parsing some checkboxes in a form that is managed
within opencms. The code reads:

if (cms.getRequestContext().getRequest().getParameterValues("location")
!= null) {
      String[] locations =
cms.getRequestContext().getRequest().getParameterValues("location");
      for (int i=0; i < locations.length; i++) {
         // Do some stuff
      }
}

The following statement always evaluates to null:

cms.getRequestContext().getRequest().getParameterValues("location")

Strangely, if I do:

cms.getRequestContext().getRequest().getParameterValues("location")

I get one of the values of one of the selected checkboxes. Obviously
this is no good! Has anyone successfully used the getParameterValues
method? Maybe this is a bug in the system? The form also has a file
upload contained within it, if that has any consequence on this?

Any help?

Thanks,
Ben

--