[opencms-dev] Access Denied trying to edit (tutorial)

stekell stekell at unm.edu
Tue Feb 17 00:33:01 CET 2004

I am just trying to get started.

I installed opencms (fat)
on Tomcat 4.1.29 and MySQL 4.0.17
on Windows XP

and began going through the tutorial in the User Manual, step by step.
However, attempting to edit a file (pg7) generates errors.  It's a
servlet error (saying resource unavailable or somesuch), then if I
refresh the page it gives me a opencms system error popup which you then
have to look into the details to see it says access denied for that html
file.

I played around with creating another user and changing permissions and
I also published the file.  All had no effect.  I can't edit any files.

thanks for any help,

Steve