[opencms-dev] Newbie: Help Needed

David Diskin david.diskin at verizon.net
Tue Feb 17 07:45:02 CET 2004

Is there a "simple" straightforward explanation of how to get OpenCMS 5.0
to work with Tomcat 5.018?  I keep running into the ISO-8859-1 encoding
problem during openCMS setup (Java VM encoding is "Cp1252; openCMS needs
ISO-8859-1).  I tried to set the environment variable as
CATALINA_OPTS=-Dfile.encoding=ISO8859-1, but this does not help.  I am
running on Win XP, and Tomcat is installed as a service, and is executed by
""C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 5.0\bin\tomcatw.exe"
//GT//Tomcat5".  I have looked at the archives, but it seems pretty
confusing.  Thanks.

David
David Diskin,  david.diskin at verizon.net