AW: [opencms-dev] Re: Error while creating new pagecom.opencms.core.CMSException

Petr Hollay ph at ethikom.de
Fri Feb 20 11:33:00 CET 2004

Hi,

don’t be "stopped and lost" ;-), try the following steps:

1) change file.encoding to ISO-8859-1 in both
    - TOMCAT/bin/setenv.sh (or .bat):
       set CATALINA_OPTS=-Dfile.encoding=ISO-8859-1
   and in opencms.properties:
           defaultContentEncoding=ISO-8859-1

2) downgrade JDK from 1.4.2 to JDK 1.4.1_07,

3) upgrade Tomcat to 4.1.29.

You can find useful info related to encoding problems in conference archive,
search for file.encoding, ISO-8859-1, CATALINA_OPTS.

Best regards
Petr