[opencms-dev] Re: Error while creating new pagecom.opencms.core.CMSException

Daniel López D.Lopez at uib.es
Fri Feb 20 13:27:01 CET 2004

Hi,

I tried that and, in my case, it did not work. The problem is that if
you start Tomcat using the direct links that are created in the program
group, it seems catalina.bat is not executed. So you have to patch the
links that are created there.
In my case, I patched the link that is called "Start Tomcat" and added
the -Dfile.encoding=ISO-8859-1  option. So now it looks like that:

F:\Java\jdk1.4.1\bin\java.exe -jar -Dfile.encoding=ISO-8859-1
-Duser.dir="C:\java\Tomcat 4.1" "C:\java\Tomcat 4.1\bin\bootstrap.jar" start

Warning: You would need to change the Java and Tomcat paths so they
refer to the appropriate locations.

Cheers!
D.