[opencms-dev] Problems installing 5.3.3

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Fri Feb 20 17:07:01 CET 2004

Peter,

please dont't confuse people. What you say is NOT true.

The development of OpenCms 6.0 is done _only_ in CVS HEAD. "branch_5_3_1"
should _NOT_ be used. "branch_5_3_1" is NOT, I repeat NOT NOT NOT anything
that can be considered to be a "stable version of HEAD".

I have just recently posted the development roadmap to the list:

"The next version will be OpenCms 6.0. We consider the current CVS status to
be 6.0 pre-alpha, the version number being 5.3.x. Until we finally publish
6.0, we will continue to use 5.x as version numbers. 6.0 alpha will have
version numbers 5.5.x, 6.0 beta will use 5.7.x, 6.0 release candidates will
use 5.9.x. I know it's confusing."

The next "stable" release will be OpenCms 6.0.

Best Regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior
Alkacon Software - The OpenCms Experts