[opencms-dev] XML/XSLT with OpenCMS

M Butcher mbutcher at grcomputing.net
Fri Feb 20 18:46:01 CET 2004

Alex,

I've been occasionally tinkering with an XSLT translation module for
OpenCms. Right now, I'm working on adding a new Resource Type for XML
documents (rather than using Plain documents). Because I'm busy with
"real" work, development of the module has been slow.

It appears, though, that a fairly simple module could be written that
took two Plain resources (probably with extensions .xml and .xslt) and
converted them at runtime to one HTML page. Xerces is included, but I
think you will have to put Xalan in the lib/ directory of the module.

It probably wouldn't hurt to cache the output of Xalan, either. :)

Matt