[opencms-dev] RE: XML/XSLT with OpenCMS

Olli Aro olli_aro at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Feb 22 16:09:01 CET 2004

 --- Alex ! <kingofkingston at hotmail.com> wrote: > Many
thanks for your advice guys.

> Olli, could you please explain why I would need to
> create a new resource
> type for the add/edit  interfaces? Wouldn't it be
> just a jsp that
> reads/writes xml to the body of a plain resource?

Yes, but if you create your own content type you can
create your own popup menu including all options you
wish and therefore make your edit option call your JSP
instead of the default source code editor.

> Re. the xslt, I was looking at the Xtags taglib form
> jakarta.apache.org,
> looks quite powerful so I'll gove that a go. Are
> there any taglibs you could
> specifically recommend.

Another useful is the xml part of the standard Java
taglibs,
http://java.sun.com/webservices/docs/1.3/jstl/index.html.
Very similar functionality to apache Xtags.

Olli